Saturday, January 10, 2009

Apple, WIP Day 2



I'm now in the 'dead layer' stage of this painting. I think that it will be dry tomorrow, and then I'm going to apply the first color layer.

Some notes about the painting:

1.)I skipped the second umber layer, and I believe that is why the background looks more brown, instead of black. I applied black to the background, but the umber layer is still shining through. I'll just have to correct that in the color layer.

2.)The top of the apple still needs some work. One of my options is to fix it in the color layer. This will probably be quicker and more practical instead of fixing the (drying) dead layer.

3.)Some of my highlights are popping a little too much. BUT, I read that you are supposed to make your lights lighter than what they really are. I hope they were right.

4.)I'm a little concerned about the uneven drying of the oil. I don't know if that's normal...I hope so.

So, when I wake up tomorrow I'm going to work on my first color layer. This is going to be so much fun! I'm really excited about this painting. It's part of the portfolio that I have to give my painting instructor. That's on Tuesday morning. I'm praying that it will be dry by then.

I'm going to try to start on my next painting before I go to sleep, but I don't know if that's going to happen. I was supposed to start that today, but I've been too busy. I was exhausted from the week.

This week is going to be really exhausting. I'm going to school from 9 am until 10 pm. I only have a 2 1/2 hour break during the whole day. Yay.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails