Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A White Christmas




I totally am not in the Christmas spirit right now. First of all, I've only had a total of 7 hours of sleep in the past 3 days. Second, it's been snowing since about 10 am, and HAS NOT STOPPED.
Oh, wait. It did stop...to sleet. Then it started snowing again. Third, the medicine that I'm taking for my UC makes me feel weird.

WARNING: Long-term use of this medication increases the risk of developing neoplasias (cancerous or noncancerous growths). Azathioprine can also cause blood disorders (e.g., leukopenia). Immediately notify your doctor if you develop unusual growths, easy bruising or bleeding, or signs of infection such as persistent sore throat or fever.

USES: Azathioprine is used to prevent rejection of transplanted organs and for cases of severe arthritis that do not respond to other therapies.

OTHER USES: This medication may also be used to treat ulcerative colitis and for other purposes as determined by your doctor.

HOW TO USE: Azathioprine tablets should be taken with food or milk to prevent stomach upset. Take this medication exactly as prescribed. Do not stop taking the medication without your doctor's approval.

SIDE EFFECTS: Nausea/vomiting, loss of appetite or diarrhea may occur. If these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor promptly. Unlikely but report promptly: hair loss, unusual fatigue, stomach pain, joint or muscle pain, vision changes. Very unlikely but report promptly: yellowing of eyes or skin, darkened urine, unusual bleeding or bruising, unusual lumps or growths. In the unlikely event you have an allergic reaction to this drug, seek medical attention immediately. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include: rash, itching, swelling, dizziness, trouble breathing. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.



YIKES!!

I need to call my doctor and ask her if it's supposed to make me feel this way. The meds are turning my urine an unpleasant shade of yellow...


My daughter is super excited about Christmas. She keeps telling us that Santa is going to bring her all types of toys. We put the christmas tree up tonight when I got home from work.

Mayoree and my husband did most of the work. They did a pretty good job. Now she's happy.

The best part about today was the little doodle that I finished at work. It's called "Evil Eye". I don't know what the hell to do with it, but at least I'm producing work.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails