Sunday, August 3, 2008

My First Wire Wrapped Pendant

I'm so proud of myself! I finally made a wire wrapped pendant that didn't look hideous.


I wrapped the bail wrong, but I did figure out why it's wrong. It doesn't look too bad. I'm going to do a few more to make sure that I really understand what I'm doing now. Then, I'll do more experiments. I never knew that wire wrapping could be so frustrating. Thankfully, this pendant makes it all worth my time.

I wish that I knew what the stone is. I bought that stone years ago, and even then I didn't know what it was. I got it in a mixed bag of stones. If someone knows what the stone is please tell me! I would really appreciate it:)

2 comments:

Designing Hilary said...

Beautiful job! Doesn't even begin to look like a "first one"!

Don't have a clue about the stone. It's not lapis, I wonder if it's a dark specimen of sodalite. I'll dig up my gemstone book (hope I can find it) and see if I can figure it out.

~Hilary

PS ... Thanks for the Scoutle connection!

Lemon Shortbread said...

you're doing good so far, it doesn't look anything wrong with it! I agree wirewrapping is such a struggle, just takes hours to get the cab not to fly out of the wire!

Related Posts with Thumbnails