Thursday, July 31, 2008

No new success but plenty of failures

I've been working on new designs like crazy, but none of them turn out well. I've been experimenting with different wire wrapping techniques, and I just can't do it! Everything that I make turns out crappy or stupid looking. You would think that after two weeks of experimenting I'd have figured something out. Nope. Just crap.

For example, here's a picture of a wire wrapped ring I made last Saturday. It looks OK, but not something that I would sale.
Keeping it for myself.
I think that I could try the design one more time, but make some improvements on the design. Next time, I'll plan the wrapping first, and then execute the design. I usually jump in without thinking about what I'm doing.

I made another ring as well. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. It has an earthy, and organic look to it. Me and my boyfriend call it the 'borg' ring. It just looks kind of sci-fi, cyberpunk/steampunk.
I just don't know how to feel about it.


Last, there are these pearl and jade hoop earrings I made. I love them, but no one else does. I think they're so cute. I'm just going to keep them for myself.
I like the gold, white and purple together.

Cute, on me!


So, here's my list of failures. Feel free to share your own stories about failure. How did you finally get over it? I would love to hear them and get your advice!

1 comment:

Karla said...

I dont think I would call those failures! It looks like you are really doing a good job working on your wire wrapping skills:-)

Thanks for finding me on Scoutle!

Related Posts with Thumbnails